More Blogs

emackfyea.blogspot.com

Friday, May 18, 2012

BATTLESHIP

Ok to be 100% honest I was seriously concerned about this movie.  Namely b/c it is based off of the game from many of our childhoods.  This comes off as a bad idea.  To my knowledge, nobody asked for a movie about the game battleship.  This means they're off to a bad start.  The story is told over the backdrop of an alien invasion.  Always a step in the right direction.  I may be speaking for myself only, but I can't get enough of these.  Any and every interpretation of what the day looks like when we finally meet aliens; I can get my hands on, I want.


One positive point for me, This movie highlighted the Navy.  All branches of service deserve their fair share of shine.  Having been a while since we had a good Crimson Tide, the Marines are threatening to monopolize the entire market.

The story is a familiar one. A boy forced to grow up, and all it took was the death of his big brother and potentially the end of the world. Our villains left something to be desired.  When you're getting your invasion on, there is no room for mercy.  While I'm hopeful there's a reason behind it.  The aliens didn't get their hands as dirty as they could or should have.  Prolly the reason they lost. I'm assuming they wanted to keep down the violence on humanity to keep their PG-13 rating.


All in all, I wanted to see this movie b/c of the aliens.  Definitely worth a look.  Go check out Battleship!

No comments:

Post a Comment