More Blogs

emackfyea.blogspot.com

Monday, April 4, 2011

Wake Up

Last week I wrote my first pilot. I entered it into a competition. The deadline was Friday. That night I felt relieved, excited and anxious all at once. I went out drinking that night. What better way to pat yourself on the back, right? It must have been 4 in the morning, but I couldn't sleep. I wasn't even tired. I wasn't wired. Not like the night I first got paid to DIRECT. It was more of my mind racing a mile a minute. All I could think of was: What's my next move? What can I be doing now? I almost got out of bed to edit my latest short. I thought it was weird, but its a good weird. The kind of weird you read about w/ eccentric, artist, types.

It was my passion speaking to me. My stomach was rumbling. My hunger was deafening at 4am. And I plan to eat! I've already started and I'm not gonna stop. I'm waging a war. I'm gathering troops and drawing battle lines. The plans have been set in the stars since before I was born. I was probably the last person to hear my calling. Better late, than never I guess. But I heard the call.

It said Actor. Writer. Director, Erik Mack!

No comments:

Post a Comment