More Blogs

emackfyea.blogspot.com

Saturday, July 30, 2011

What's the use?

So I'm sitting here at a network event in my home town of Philly. It's packed, a great turnout.  But my problem is that no one I ever meet is useful to me. Undoubtedly the business cards I have collected will be added to the mass of cards already on my dresser.

The reason they are there, they're not helping me.  They are smiling faces, met once. And already nerely forgotten, already fading from memory.  Often this is the case. Hopefully it is not. But usually it is. I've given out just as many cards as I have collected. Maybe even more. An I haven't received any calls either. Which means I'm as useful to them as they are to me. Which us no big surprise. But I think the trick is to keep at it until it becomes useful.Now I'm not saying I have no contacts. Nor am I saying that I am not a great filmmaker to know. I'm saying that out of all of the talent I have met, I have yet to meet anyone at a networking event. Isn't it ironic, don't ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment