More Blogs

emackfyea.blogspot.com

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Darkest Hour

I like this movie. I'm eager to say that because it's been months since I've been able to flat out say I've liked any movie recently.  Firstly this is the first time I've wanted to go to the Theatre in months.  At long last I say FINALLY!

I haven't been to the movies since this summer. A superhero epic I'm sure.  And nothing since then has peeked my interest.  No Muppets. No War Horse.  Tower Heist.  No Twilight none of that bullshit.  Also I kinda gotta admit I am a freak for a good alien invasion movie.

Life is good. We are alone in our own Galaxy of ignorance.  Then one day BOOM everything changes.  We're under attack.  From life forms we can't see that suck electricity incessantly.  Then what really matters finally gets put back into focus.

Humans are killed by the score.  Humanity gets kicked in its ass.  But still fights.  Learns the enemy and adapts.  We overcome.  It takes overcoming just to stand and fight.  Which is where the movie ends.  Survivors beginning the fight for whats left of Earth.

I also like the fact that the movie leaves you with hope.  If they ever do come down here for us.  I doubt we would be effectively fighting back inside of three days.  But hey anything is possible right.

This movie gets 3 out of 5 Tribbles
And 3 cheers for Humanity!!!

Hazaaaah!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment